BACK TO NEWS
Penton Unveils Govalytics: A Groundbreaking SaaS Tool that Identifies Opportunities to Win Local Government Business
Offers Dynamic Intelligence for City and County Governments Across the Nation
New York, December 3, 2013 – Penton’s Public Infrastructure group today unveiled Govalytics, the only intelligence tool that offers dynamic data and analytics for city and county governments across the nation. Targeted to marketers selling services or products to local governments, this ground breaking proprietary SaaS tool has been created based on 100+ years of experience in the federal, state and local government sectors through American City & County, Government Product News and GoPro.
Govalytics helps sales and marketing teams focus their efforts, streamline their marketing dollars by providing recent and relevant analytics on city and county governments across the nation and plan for future trends and growth. In addition, local governments can use Govalytics as a tool to benchmark themselves and compare processes with government counterparts.
“With close ties to local governments and extensive experience in the public infrastructure space we know that winning government work can be extremely challenging. Government work represents $3 trillion annually and we wanted to find an easier way to identify opportunities within governments well before the bidding process. Govalytics provides marketers with the critical intelligence and workflow tools needed to navigate the complicated government sector and win more business,” said Gregg Herring, Vice President and Public Infrastructure Market Leader, Penton.
The three main areas of Govalytics include:
- Budgetary Data Analytics: tracks the data analytics for each local government including total expenditures, capital assets, long-term debt and budgets for the current year at the department level for accepted and actual budgets, providing an overall “bill of health” and operational efficiencies for each government. Offers five years of data providing historical trending and shows projections.
- Top City Officials: includes contact information for city officials -- from the mayor to the fire chief -- and allows users to track who is in office and changes in leadership. Contact information for nearly 25,000 individuals are in the database.
- Capital Project Data: includes project information for any current or future project – from a small re-paving project to a massive wastewater treatment overhaul – and gives projected yearly expenditures for future years within the projects. This area will be available in Q1 2014.
The data is categorized into eight broad government functions: Public Safety; Public Works; Utilities; Planning and Development; General Government/Judicial; Education; Health and Human Services; and Parks/Recreation/Culture. For example, the Parks/Recreation/Culture category includes Adult Recreation, Cultural Services, Forest Resources, Golf Course, Museums, Parks, Parks and Recreation, Recreation, Recreation Services and Youth Recognition.
“The most strenuous effort in creating this product was designing a strategy of how we would compare governments and departments across the nation. Departments hold no conventional or consistent naming patterns or standards. For example, departments from different governments with the same name could represent two different groups of functions, while departments from different governments with different names could represent the same functionality. Normalization was our task, and our solution enables the user to effectively benchmark a government’s expenditures, debt, capital assets and departments to others its size across the nation,” said Ben Walker, Director of Brand Management, Govalytics, Penton.
In addition, Govalytics also provides users with key area statistics, population growth, procurement information, contract end dates, muni-bond ratings, revenue sources and recent news surrounding each local government. The Govalytics data is available in the top 25 Municipal Statistics Areas (MSA). They include:
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
- San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- St. Louis, MO-IL
- Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX
BACK TO NEWS
Govalytics will offer data for the top 50 MSAs in Q4 2013.
To register for a free limited version of Govalytics, click here. Click here for Govalytics pricing. For an enterprise license, contact Tom Anderson, Sales Manager, Tom.Anderson@penton.com or 770 618 0123.
Click here to watch a video of Govalytics. For additional information on Govalytics, visit www.govalytics.com
About the Penton Public Infrastructure Group
Penton’s Public Infrastructure Group represents the largest network of customers in targeted public service markets. Together, it delivers concise, essential information to more than 500,000 governmental leaders so they can efficiently and effectively deliver the public services their residents expect. This powerful group of brands provides a full spectrum of online, print and exhibition solutions that work in harmony across industries. The Group’s unmatched network of powerful buying influence in public-service markets includes local, state and federal governments, fire and emergency services, education facilities, waste and recycling and powerful valuation, specification and cost guides.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com.
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
Director, Brand Management, Govalytics
770 618 0137
212 204 4351